Bullet Journaling Ideas & Inspiration
There's nothing like the feeling of a brand new notebook - it holds so many opportunities for dreaming, list-making, goal-setting and habit tracking!
But lined pages in a notebook can be restricting, and you may not be able to find a planner that fits your specific needs. This is where bullet journals come in - they can give you endless ways to use your journal to suit your needs.
What is Bullet Journaling?
Bullet journaling is a creative, fun way for people to keep track of their to-do’s, habits and goals, notes and more all in one helpful notebook. For many, it's taken over the traditional weekly/monthly planner.
The dotted pages in a bullet journal leave the layout up to you - use the dots to draw boxes to create the layout you need. If you're creative, you may enjoy the opportunity to doodle, color code, and use multiple fonts.
Bullet journaling has really blown up as a creative trend, with tons of people posting photos of their innovative layouts, spreads and ideas on Pinterest and Instagram. It can be equally inspiring and intimidating!
If you're at all intrigued by this form of creative organization, we've got all the info you need to figure how to approach it and what you'll need to get started - whether you want to start slow or dive in head first!
Why Use a Bullet Journal?
- Bullet journals are perfect for those Type-A personalities who want and need to organize all the things, but can’t find a planner that gives them exactly what they need. They are completely customizable!
- They are also great for non type-Aers who want to easily track a few things or have a place to jot down notes in an organized manner. You can go as simple or hardcore as you want with it, so it works for literally everyone.
- If you’re a creative person and love coloring, doodling and hand lettering, bullet journals give you a place to express yourself and decompress through art and organization.
- They can be great for memory keeping and practicing gratitude! Write one thing down you want to remember each day or each week; write down funny things your kids say; write down what made you happy today.
- They are great for tracking habits and goals. Know you need to drink more water? Exercise more regularly? Keep track of the books you have read? A bullet journal is the perfect place to jot it all down!
Bullet Journal Layouts and Ideas
All of our Notebooks for Mama comes with the option for dot grid pages, so you can choose your favorite cover and start creating your bullet journal to fit your needs!
Try our Bullet Journal / Planner Hybrid:
Here’s the thing, I am a creative person; I’m also an impatient person and a perfectionist. I KNOW that if I start a bullet journal from scratch, I will end up feeling like it’s too time consuming because I will spend forever searching for the perfect spread to emulate. And then I will hate how it turns out, because I’m Type-A. My gift is my curse.
To solve this, I created a hybrid of a planner and bullet journal for Nuts & Bolts Paper Co!
Our Bullet Journal Planners for Beginners
Our bullet journal/planner pages (available as an option in any of our notebooks) are a simple bullet journal-style planner that has the hardest work already done for you! Boxes for each day of the week are already created, along with additional spots for you to fill in as you see fit. Some are titled and some are blank so you can customize it how you like depending on your week and your needs. To-do's, a shopping list, meal planning and looking ahead to next week are already included!
With most of the work done for you, you can focus on being creative and using it to the best of its ability.
We also have 2 types of these bullet journal/planner hybrid pages: One with monthly/weekly spreads, and one with just daily pages. Which one suits your needs best?
Each of these bullet journal planners also includes 4 dotted pages at the end of additional habit tracking, as well as a birthday planner page.
Because these pages are an option in all of the notebooks we sell, you can pick your favorite cover and even get it personalized!
So whether you're ready to pick out your favorite cover with dotted pages and go all in on bullet journaling, so you want to take things slow and use our hybrid planners, we have plenty of options.
Bullet Journal Supplies
Once you have your bullet journal picked out, there are a whole slew of supplies you can get to accompany it. A good set of pens, a mini ruler or stencils, washi tape and a pencil case are all good ideas. Get as many or as few as you'd like - the necessities are up to you!
*post contains affiliate links